Welcome to Maiden High School!
Maiden High School is a public high school located in the town of Maiden, NC. Maiden has a population of approximately 3,400 people. The original high school was founded in 1953 and was located in the building which now houses Maiden Middle School. In the summer of 2005, a new high school was built after school lines were redrawn. At that time, our student body increased by more than 200 students and our current student body is made of up of students from Maiden and Newton, NC. MHS is part of the NCHSAA and is part of the Catawba Valley 2A Athletic Conference.
Maiden High School is one of six public high schools in Catawba County. Three elementary, one middle, and one high school make up the feeder district. The school curriculum is planned to meet the varied needs of our student body using block scheduling. The school offers regular, honors and advanced placement classes as well as seven different vocational programs. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Our school focuses on high expectations for academic, personal, social, and emotional growth, ensuring that students graduate college- and career-ready. Whether students are at a desk, in a lab, or on a stage, Maiden High School prepares them not only with the knowledge to face the next step in life but the confidence to pursue dreams.
Maiden High School supports 24 clubs and student organizations as well as 31 athletic teams, an Air Force JROTC unit, marching band, color guard, concert choir, and theatre program. The Maidonian, our yearbook, is published by the journalism classes. Our mascot is the Blue Devil.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
- Helping our students graduate career- and college-ready
- Teaching soft skills like character education, teamwork, and collaboration that make our students attractive in the workforce
- Providing workforce development courses like engineering, animal science, health care, coding, drone technology, welding, auto mechanics, and more
- Giving our students the flexibility of taking a variety of courses online through Online Catawba Virtual Academy
- Personalizing our students’ education by getting to know each student’s unique academic, social, and emotional needs
- Providing students with technology as a tool for personalized learning including Chromebooks for each student, robotics programs, and more.
- Offering a well-rounded curriculum that includes foreign language offerings, robotics, visual and performing arts like drama, concert and marching band, chorus, handbells, and more
"See Something, Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System
This service is designed to help you anonymously and securely report anything that's scaring or endangering you, your friends or your family. You don't need to be afraid to contact us. You never have to give us your name if you don't want to.
We take your security seriously at Catawba County Schools, and we will do everything we can to resolve your concern as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the event of an Emergency Dial 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- The Anonymous Tip Line is monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.